Ninja

Topshop Silk Jumpsuit

| Primark Bag |

Kurt Geiger Nina Sandals

| H&M Necklace |

ASOS Rings

Jumpsuits have always scared me. My slight fear seems to be intrinsically linked to a serious fashion faux pas as a child. Remember catsuits of the 90s/early 00s? The ugly older aunt of todays glamorous jumpsuits and flirty playsuits?

There was a school disco. I was about 9 or 10. There was a catsuit. It was high necked at the top, bootcut at the bottom, and deep, dark purple velvet.

Oh, and did I mention I was fat back then?

Yes. I was one of the fat kids in primary school. And I learnt the hard way that skintight, bootcut, high necked, purple velvet certainly is not flattering, pretty nor cute on a fat kid. I looked like a cheap round fuzzy Christmas bauble. And it has caused an aversion to all things all-in-one like.

...Until this beauty. When I tweeted about it my friend Joe came back at me saying it looked like a ninja suit. And when I first put it on, it actually did. And it still does, even with the accessories.

But that's okay, because now I have a brilliantly chic outfit for the next fancy dress event I attend.

The silhouette of this jumpsuit drapes and skims over the body in 100% silk. With jewels and a beaded clutch, kitten-heel courts and S-wave curls, it can easily take a 40s siren turn.

At £90 from Topshop, it is a little bit pricey, but I haven't worn it out and yet and not had at least one person come up and give me a compliment and ask where it is from (four times in 10 days... probably needs a wash now).

So if you want to feel like a silky sophisticated stylish ninja siren, invest.

I am no longer a cheap round fuzzy velvet bauble. I am a silk ninja.

Sophie

Twitter

Instagram

Bloglovin

1. Oh wow, I think I'm in total love with this jumpsuit! It looks amazing - and I'm so sold on this!Becks xothenotsosecretdiary.com

2. Hayley Jackson14/08/2013, 13:10

Absolutely gorgeous! X| Taxi for Jackson |

3. Rebekah Louise14/08/2013, 13:43

You looks so lovely in this,love the heels!xSilver Electrons

4. Virgos and Kisses14/08/2013, 14:05

This is hot! Can't believe that bag is from primark!virgosandkisses.blogspot.co.uk

5. omg i need one, praying it will go on sale soon! I used to have a velvet catsuit too, it had a high-neck & was pink with sparkles on the bottom- too cool for school! x

6. Gemma Talbot14/08/2013, 14:41

Your jumpsuit is gorgeous! I love how you have paired in with your white bag xhttp://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

7. I love this outfit!!And i need some sandals like yours in my life!hiddenbetween.blogspot.co.uk

8. Stunning jumpsuit, I love how classy and simple it is. Still cannot get over how that satchel was a Primark bargain! xx

9. Tta Heimisdttir14/08/2013, 16:31

Love this, you look great in that jumpsuit (:MyStyleTherapy

10. Gorgeous!! I nearly bought this bag today as well, but at the last minute I talked myself out of it. Seeing it look so chic here on you has made me regret that now...must get back down to Primark!- Tabitha at scaredtoast.com x

11. Love the jumpsuit ! So gorgeous Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

12. So in love with the jumpsuit!Happy Wednesday Sophie xoxohttp://www.intotheblonde.com/

13. Haha "The ugly older aunt.." ;)You look fab,that jumpsuit is so pretty!

14. i'm currently lusting after a silk dress from topshop that's 90 and now i want this too - what are you doing to me girl?! stunning.High Society // highsocietyfashion.blogspot.co.uk

15. I love this I don't think you look like a ninja at all!http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

16. The jumpsuit looks stunning on you, its the perfect style and fit.

17. Lovee the Jumpsuit but can I just say whoever has that mustard colored door is absolutely Fabulous Click me

18. Emily Kolberg15/08/2013, 01:27

so chic! you can totally rock a jumpsuit! www.emmyj.squarespace.com

19. Charlotte Lewis15/08/2013, 15:38

You look stunning - cant believe that bag is Primark!Charlie xxwww.lurchhoundloves.com

20. Don't worry, I think we were all subject to the bootcut velvet catsuit at a school disco at one point. But so much has changed, you look amazing! And I cannot believe that bag is Primark. Very Cambridge Satchel Co.Anna xxearth-to-brint.blogspot.com

21. Dammmmn gurl.Love this outfit Soph! xx

22. Shradha G Loves18/08/2013, 16:57

Absolutely adore this jumpsuit on youhttp://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/S xx

23. claire ashfield22/08/2013, 00:07

so so happy iv come across your blog! your style is insane and i can not wait to see the next post! xwww.indigogirl1.blogspot.co.uk

24. Jennifer Louise23/08/2013, 16:11

Love this outfit, looks so chic! Congrats for getting Forum Blogger of the Week <3Much love,Jennifer xartstylelove.com@JLouiseArtist

25. Penny and Polaroids24/08/2013, 17:52

Found your blog on Company magazines blogger of the week, congrats!! I love your blog!www.pennyandpolaroids.com

26. Amaaaaaaaaazing! The jumpsuit looks fabulous on you! Just followed you!Lily xwww.latestlil.blogspot.com

27. Holly Elliott26/08/2013, 20:51

Love this outfit!!http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk/

28. Wow! You look amazing . I love the bag KissesBeata www.fashionadventuresatanyage.com

29. Gemma Stephens29/08/2013, 22:18

I am very glad to have come across your blog! Very inspiring and a great read!

30. I've always had a fear of jumpsuits too, due to my height, but you look absolutely stunning in this! It suits you to the tee, beautiful :)Kirsti xx

31. ColourMeIn SC02/09/2013, 12:45

ah, well you certainly rocked the jumpsuit this time round! I love it paires with that satchel xwww.colourmein-sc.blogspot.com

32. Great bag you've got there!http://lefragmentmode.blogspot.fr/

33. LongHairDontCare16/09/2013, 16:40

This jump suit is A-mazing! looks so lovely on you! Newest follower xxCharlotte| LongHairDontCare