Checkmate

Zara Top | Primark Trousers | Primark Coat | Primark Sandals | Vintage Bag | ASOS Rings

Mixing retro rolled up checked trousers with 90's mesh, a vintage ladybag and and an oversized biker... on paper it's not a combination that should work. It's a combination that brings a sartorial shudder to the mind. But somehow it came together. I know we have all seen

those

Primark Autumn Winter campaign photos (and yes, like you I am also still still

still

waiting for that Pink boyfriend coat... does it even exist?!) but I had my doubts that the collection could be that good. Let's face it, a £20 coat and £12 trousers usually look great shot in a studio on a tall thin model who's hair glitters like gold and eyes so surreal you could be forgiven for believing they have the power to shoot lasers, but thrown into a pile on the Primark floor swarmed with tourists and children.. no. Not usually quite so glamorous as the campaign photographs. No, gross.

But take the clothes out of the store and there's a bit of a surprise. Yeah sure, I mean these trousers don't fit great (I had to sew the waist and ankles tighter whilst I struggled to get my bum and thighs into them...) but how Zara-esque are they?

Primark, well done.

Oh and, sorry about the lack of posts (again, oops!) I've been really busy with work and job interviews, so I've come back home to Leicester for this weekend to relax a little bit.

1. Gemma Talbot20/10/2013, 18:39

Your trousers are gorgeous and such a bargain! You look so pretty xhttp://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

2. Love this trendy chic look!! :) I'm your new follower!! :)http://bellasstyle.blogspot.co.uk/

3. Such a fantastic outfit! I love the bag, was very disappointed when I scrolled down only for it to say vintage :'( x

4. Love how you've styled those trousers, you've made it edgy by wearing that top! xfabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

5. Shradha G Loves20/10/2013, 19:45

Always love your outfitshttp://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/S xx

6. Virgos and Kisses20/10/2013, 20:30

Ha i love what you wrote! Im waiting on the Primarni coat too! However you made this look uber class! I love it x

7. Katy Stephenson20/10/2013, 21:04

can't believe they're from primark, and the coat! this outfit is lovely :)love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

8. Those trousers are amazing! In love, such a gorgeous outfit! xohttp://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

9. Wow you look amazing! You always have such great style! I love your wardrobe xxHeroine In Heels

10. Loving those chic plaid pants and your exceptionally polished styling of it.

11. Such a elegant and chic outfit! love the top and trousers!xx Ayeshahttp://ayeshaalimfashion.blogspot.com/

12. BlueVoiletHearts21/10/2013, 00:42

you look so gorge, love this! xx Emblueviolethearts.blogspot.com

13. Georgie Darling21/10/2013, 11:15

Those trousers are amazing! xkeokinaloke.blogspot.co.uk

14. Sophie Ruffell21/10/2013, 12:28

Just a perfect outfit.You look amazing.Love it all!!DarlingSophie

15. Omg those trews are perfection...primark has some real gems sometimes! x

16. Her Imagination21/10/2013, 13:33

Love this outfit. Would have never thought those pants are from primark, you're right they look like something you could find in Zara for way too much many.

17. I need those trousers! so fabulous, especially for primark! I'm also desperately hoping the pink coat appears soon! xfashionablyACE.blogspot.co.uk

18. i love the outfit the trousers are amazing!,xoxo

19. Rosie Cumberlidge21/10/2013, 21:15

I have these and was also surprised by how good they actually look. Love how you've styled them highwaisted and your coat is gorgeous.Rosiextherunwayrose.blogspot.com

20. Angharad Jones22/10/2013, 14:06

Absolutely gorgeous - can't believe they're Primark! You look fab in them

21. Sophie Michelle22/10/2013, 16:34

Them trousers are gorgeous! Hope they're still in store, I want some so bad, can't believe they're Primark!www.stitchesofstyle.blogspot.co.uk

22. Yep I agree, loving the trousers! Can't believe they're from Primark?! Stunning.Foreverscarlet.com

23. Bryony Dodds29/10/2013, 13:30

I have been searching for these trousers, what it feels like, EVERY primark store and the only pairs left are HUGE! Very annoying. They look a beautiful fit.http://bryonydodds.blogspot.co.uk/