Let's Talk Skirtsuits

| Topshop Shoes (bought in Christmas Sale) | Topshop Coat

(similar here)

| Primark Bag |

ASOS Sunglasses

Two-Pieces, Seperates. Co-ords. Or

Skirtsuits

, as my dear friend Christopher so kindly called it in a faux bitchy American accent, complete with raised eyebrow. These duos seem to be everywhere at the moment. Only the best fashion statement pieces are resurrected from the style cemetery every few decades.

Hot summer days brought about a small wave of kitsch retro inspired two pieces made of crop tops and mini skirts in bright floral prints. With winter came sleek tailored pieces painted with dark moody hues and forest green tartans.

New stock flooding into the high-street stores has been hinting massively at the large return of the style favoured by Coco Chanel, Princess Diana and supermodels of the 90's.

Topshop seems to be fronting the high-street campaign for dynamic duos, with my personal favourites being this

gingham top and trouser combo

that is just crying out to be styled with a pastel blue or pink biker jacket this Spring. With blossom hues of pink blooming in every catwalk collection, Topshop's

sugarcoated skirt separate

is also going to be big news.

For me, the appeal in skirtsuits lies largely in the fun, preppy, retro playfulness they hold that reminds me of how the quirky girls in school styled their uniform, or the matchy-matchy aesthetic of overly cool 90's girl group.

From a matching print co-ord combo to strict Cher from clueless style skirt-suits, what are your thoughts on this fashion statement revival?

house of hauteness

1. I love your outfit and the inspiration behind it. Thanks for sharing! Mary popgoesfashion.comx

2. Gorgeous! That suit is lovely, they just look so classy and smart!Kathleen @ Made In The 1990's.

3. Charmaine Cowland30/01/2014, 18:27

Gorgeous co-ord! x

4. gorgeous look! love the coat :)Rachel xStyle Soup

5. Her Imagination30/01/2014, 19:00

I love skirsuits. They are so easy and yet classy.

6. This look is so fabolous! I adore that coat and shoes are fierce! Simply stunning xx fashionvitae.blogspot.com

7. I adore this outfit, you look so amazing!x- Jayne electra-violet.blogspot.co.uk

8. Eden Simpson30/01/2014, 19:27

I love the pink Topshop separates you featured! www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk

9. Love this co-ord! THey're my favesLucia's Loves x

10. Eguono Ogueh30/01/2014, 20:39

Love matching top and bottom :)stylerenewal.blogspot.co.uk

11. I love this skirt but it was a little too long for me. Looks fantastic on you, you could definitely give cher a run for her money x

12. Love this co-ord! Cher is the ultimate co-ord inspiration! xSecrets of a PR girl

13. FULLY behind skirt suits. This look is fab! x

14. Petite Side Of Style30/01/2014, 22:28

Love the bag. Petite Side Of Style

15. Charlotte Lewis31/01/2014, 09:53

Love the Gingham on you hun - working it! xxwww.lurchhoundloves.comhttp://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777/LurchHoundLoves-Fashion-Blog

16. Aishling Browne31/01/2014, 13:25

I love co-ords and this one is no exception! You look great!www.lestage2012.blogspot.com

17. Sugar Spun-Sisters31/01/2014, 13:55

You look totally gorgeous in this outfit. Love the pop of colour with the red coat!Eve & Faye xSugar Spun Sisters - A blog about charity shops, cosmetics & coeliac disease

18. It suits you really well! Nice outfit!I've made a Natural Wavy Hair Tutorial - How To Curl Your Hair (video) blog up now. http://littleblingring.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/natural-wavy-hair-tutorial-how-to-curl.html please check it out x

19. Blonde Canvas31/01/2014, 17:56

I spotted this co-ord the other day, it looks amazing on you xwww.blondecanvas.blogspot.co.uk

20. Amilia Sofia31/01/2014, 19:13

Love two-pieces!http://milimola.blogspot.co.uk/

21. love this two piece! and the red coat gives the perfect pop of color!xx Ayeshahttp://ayeshaalimfashion.blogspot.com/

22. Love this print, I loooove your style.Emmie xxwww.topknotfringeandawhatnot.blogspot.co.uk

23. bonnieinwonderland18/02/2014, 22:05

Been toying with the idea of a skirt suit for ages! this has definitely swayed me!!!