'60s Vibe

River Island Coat

Topshop Skirt

| Zara Turtle Neck | Zara Boots | Zara Bag | Cheap Monday Sunglasses

Never had I ever imagined I'd end up buying a Barbie pink coat.

Not at the age of 22.

When pinkish hues began to make their way into collections over the past few seasons it was easy to envision myself in a chic baby pink coat. But a bursting bright raspberry hue?

You have got to be kidding me.

It shouldn't work- at least not on me. I should look like Barbie's brunette friend, the unpopular one that nobody ever wanted, you'd be bitterly disappointed at receiving for your birthday, and would be marched straight back to Toys R Us to be exchanged for the popular blonde one.

But somehow this coat translates perfectly. Whether it's the clean cut lines that keep it somewhat stripped back, or its swinging silhouette that reminds me of the sixties, I felt completely drawn to it.

The 60's has that

je ne sais quoi

that so many of us find fascinating. Those of us who never got to experience those days seem captivated by the decade. The fashion, the photography, the music: to us it feels like an explosion of creativity and culture that we never got to experience, something that is never-present in our modern millennial lives.

But then you never realise how important and special a movement ever really is until you look back and understand its significance.

Nostalgia makes everything much sweeter.

Excuse me whilst I go and purchase a vespa to scoot across the city on...

1. vanessa mensah04/02/2014, 19:00

love this look! so pretty!new follower, love your blog!http://www.freelancedaydreamerfashion.com

2. This is so good! I am in love with that coat it's perfect and color is amazing! So gorgeous dear xxfashionvitae.blogspot.com

3. this coat colour is incredible! love it with the skirt! x

4. Bridie Scott04/02/2014, 19:42

This outfit is just delightfulllll!!! Gorgeous colour coatyoungandfoolishhappiness.blogspot.co.uk x

5. Blonde Canvas04/02/2014, 19:58

This outfit is amazing! So in love with that skirt xwww.blondecanvas.blogspot.co.uk

6. Gemma Talbot04/02/2014, 20:25

Your coat is gorgeous! I love the colour xhttp://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

7. Poptartsandsex04/02/2014, 20:29

I love that coat, it's the perfect colour!! xxwww.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

8. Charmaine Cowland04/02/2014, 20:35

Oh god, that coat!!

9. This is gorgeous! That coat is amazing <3fashiontatt.blogspot.com

10. I could never pull something off this bright but it looks great on you. X

11. Sophie Ruffell05/02/2014, 09:38

Love this look! Such a lovely outfit.Love the coat.DarlingSophie

12. Hayley Jackson05/02/2014, 11:07

Everything about this just works so perfectly, you look amazing. Hayley | Taxi for Jackson x

13. Grace Beckett05/02/2014, 12:06

always look forward to your posts, everythings always so well put together.another great outfit! :)http://fashion-beauty-bygrace.blogspot.co.uk/

14. Love the glasses! 60s is such a cool decade!Mojitos and Handbags

15. Aishling Browne05/02/2014, 13:03

The coat is very cool. I never wear pink. But ever since pink coats hit the scene, I want one desperately!www.lestage2012.blogspot.com

16. Sugar Spun-Sisters05/02/2014, 14:38

Adore this look! I'm seriously loving hot pink at the moment. Liking the 60s edge!Faye xSugar Spun Sisters - A blog about charity shops, cosmetics & coeliac disease

17. Amilia Sofia05/02/2014, 19:33

Cute lookhttp://milimola.blogspot.co.uk/

18. stylebyalexa19/02/2014, 09:10

Gorgeous skirt teamed with punchy hot pink! Love the 60's look! www.stylebyalexa.wordpress.com

19. The blog provides the definite and authentic information. I truly prefer your style and your authenticity has made up my mind to come again and read the blog to increase my knowledge.It is very nice to see this blog. It is very nice and informative for us. Thanks for sharing.playgroundtile