Sugar Rush

Topshop Boutique Shirt Dress |

Miss KG @ Kurt Geiger Sandals

| Primark Bag | & Other Stories Sunglasses

Do
you remember that scene in Gossip Girl when

Jenny Humphrey sets Vanessa up

to wear one of her dresses at a party and then it turns completely
see-through when the light falls on her? The spotlight hits V and everyone is
blinded by her underwear. Cue all of the party-goers snapping a picture and
sending it into GG for ultimate humiliation. Poor V...

You
might not be able to tell from these photographs, but this shirt dress is
pretty damn sheer. I'm not talking

Rihanna at the CFDA awards

sheer, but I’m pretty sure it’s about 60% there. The oversized,
mannish fit means it falls a few inches from the body, so most stays obscured, but as soon as the wind brushes it against your body then people will
definitely be able to see enough to make judgement on the type of underwear you
wear. So for anyone who was lucky enough to be standing behind me on the tube
escalators or bus stairs last Thursday you probably got to see a little more
than you bargained for...

How
do you even go about wearing something that's sheer enough to show a preview of your underwear but not sheer enough to merit wearing a full slip
underneath? Sure, you can wear big, nude, granny knickers (if you

really

want to…) But then when there’s a
breeze the whole street is going to know you wear big, nude, granny knickers.
Or you could go the other way, and wear something seriously sexy. If they’re
going to see what lies beneath then surely you should make a statement?

I
sound like I’m trying to convince myself. And that’s because I am. In all
fairness, I’d rather not look like an elderly lady or a mistress who has just
been treated to an Agent Provocateur spree.

American
Apparel has some

pretty
perfect basic bodysuits

in just the right shade of pink that I’m dying to invest
in. Then at least when the wind blows I’ll look more like a cool off-duty
ballerina or acrobat rather than a granny…

!function(d,s,id){var e, p = /^http:/.test(d.location) ? 'http' : 'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)) {e = d.createElement(s);e.id = id;e.src = p + '://' + 'widgets.rewardstyle.com' + '/js/shopthepost.js';d.body.appendChild(e);}if(typeof window.__stp === 'object') if(d.readyState === 'complete') {window.__stp.init();}}(document, 'script', 'shopthepost-script');

JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

1. Lizzy Hadfield11/06/2014, 18:43

Love this outfit! That colour looks great on you! Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

2. Grace and Charlotte11/06/2014, 18:49

Your hair is perfect! I literally JUST did a post about my new hair and I want to change it to look like yours wah wah. ExploringWardrobes // bloglovin

3. Gemma Talbot11/06/2014, 19:25

Cute dress! I love the colour xhttp://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

4. love love this shirt dress!I had a similar incident with a white sheer shirt that I didn't realise was sheer, except it didnt look this chic!lovexx

5. love this shirt dress so gorgeous! xxwww.fashionmixbag.blogspot.com

6. libbyelisebowman m11/06/2014, 20:56

omg soooooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! You look stunning!!!www.lebowman.comL.E xoxo

7. I always hated Jenny for doing that even though I found Vanessa really annoying haha! I love this shirt so much I'd probably wear a pretty lace slip underneath xThe Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

8. Lauren Maria11/06/2014, 22:03

Body suit sounds like the way forward, great dress thoughLaurenlivinginaboxx

9. Elizabeth Daisy.11/06/2014, 22:34

You look absolutely gorgeous in this oversized shirt dress, and I love how you mentioned the scene from GG - sad that it came to an end :( The body suit definitely sounds like an answer to fashionista prayer!Elizabeth x | www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

10. Megan Ellaby12/06/2014, 09:10

So gorgeous and chic as usual! I want to see you!!!!! x

11. Aishling Browne12/06/2014, 13:33

I've had my eye on these Topshop Boutique dresses! The colour looks great on you!www.lestage2012.blogspot.com

12. Megan Lillie12/06/2014, 21:07

You suit this style so much, I can imagine myself looking a bit frumpy in something like this but you work it! Gorgeous!Megan xoThumbelina Lillie | UK Fashion Blog

13. Man you look smokin, this is so great x

14. Chelsey Megan13/06/2014, 17:47

Perfect outfit!! Such a beautiful dress!! Love Cheap Frills xwww.ourcheapfrills.co.uk

15. agreed, wear your hottest knickers giiirl!looking as beautiful as always, loving this look on you xordainingserendipity.co.uk

16. Jessica Shep15/06/2014, 17:30

stunning pictures, stunning outfit! xx